Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Blessed

Well, here we are at 35 weeks! It is so hard to believe that Mason could really come any day now. I keep telling him that he probably needs to hang out in there for a little while longer, but I think he may be trying to chisel his way out with the way he has been pushing lately! :) But, seriously, I love every little tiny movement he makes, and I am trying to just take it all in these last few weeks.

What have we been up to lately? Well, a lot actually! I am on maternity leave now and I am really enjoying it. I feel like it is just a good time to clear my mind and get focused on preparing for baby's big debut. I think it will also be a good time to just reflect on God's goodness and abundant blessing in all of this. Kyle and I have hoped and prayed to be parents, and God has faithfully answered our prayers in His perfect time. We are just so humbled by the whole idea that He would trust us with a baby...I feel so unworthy in so many ways. But I know that He will provide and guide me in all of those areas where I feel completely clueless. And really, there is no hope for this child apart from Him anyway.

Kyle and I have been blessed by baby showers two weekends in a row! It has been the most fun!! We have the most precious friends and family, and we have been really overwhelmed by their generosity these past two weeks. Last week, my dear friends from Meridian and college hosted a baby shower at Molly's house. Then today, my sweet friends from church hosted a shower at Stephanie's house. Below are some pictures from the showers.

Sweet friends Meghan and Jamie
Most of my wonderful hostesses


Mason's grandmothers and aunts
Meredith and me with my cute diaper cake
Mason will love wearing his daddy's football number!
My precious hostesses

Wishing you a wonderful week from the four of us (can't forget Scooter!).

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I love the #17 MSU jacket. Mason is going to look adorable in it!

    ReplyDelete