Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas and a Crib

Hello family and friends! I have been quite the blog delinquent lately, but now hopefully we will be back in full force. After all, Mason's due date is less than two months away! We are SO excited we can hardly stand it, although there is some anxiety that is starting to set in (moreso for mama than daddy...I have always been the worrier of the relationship!). Even though there is a lot to think about, I know that God has got this totally under control. He has known every detail about this baby boy longer than Kyle and I have even been alive, which totally blows my mind. Reminding myself of God's incomprehensible love for us helps me relax instead of stress and rejoice instead of fret. At this very moment, Mason is break dancing in my tummy and it strikes me what a miracle God is letting us witness through his little life.

A few weeks ago, Kyle put Mason's crib together. I was so proud of him...he did a great job! And even though I didn't get photographic proof of his mechanic onesie (see previous post), you can rest assured that his inner mechanic was in full force. :)

Kyle putting Mason's crib together


In other news, we had a wonderful Christmas with our families! First, we went to Meridian to stay with my family, where our time was spent relaxing, eating delicious Mema food (Mema is my amazing cook grandmother), visiting friends, watching It's a Wonderful Life, and reliving our childhoods through old family videos. We even had a white Christmas (well, we had a few flurries, but it still counts in Mississippi). :)
The girls at Mema's for Christmas Eve

If you pull out your magnifying glass, you may see a few snowflakes on Scooter's fur :)

The second half of our Christmas celebration was spent with Kyle's family in Texas. We flew in to Houston and then drove to the family farm in Nemo, home of Kyle's grandparents Mama and Big Daddy. Our time in Texas was spent visiting both sides of Kyle's family, eating fabulous Mexican food, watching lots of football, shopping around Market Street, and getting excited about two baby boys on the way!
Pawpaw with his girls and grandsons, Hayes and Mason!

The York family after a wonderful meal at Grotto
One New Year's resolution of mine: to be a better blogger! Let's see if I can keep this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment